Random geek girl thoughts

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

You've Got Mail



I'm going to get cliché for a moment, maybe even a little whimsical. Those of you with weak constitutions...you've been warned!
I'm not going to dissect mail clients or recommend Gmail over Hotmail & Yahoo (everyone knows I will do that regardless).
No... I am not going to talk about the technicalities of email, rather... the emotional benefit. There is something about personal emails that make me giddy. There is so much SPAM and marketing emails these days... you have to filter through 50 messages to get to one that actually means something to you. But in all honestly... as long as I have those one or two emails from someone that means something to me, it is worth the sorting. These days I have been getting, and looking forward to a "Good Morning" and "Good Night" email from a good friend of mine. It has actually been better than my alarm clock , knowing that there might be a new message from him, makes me pop up in bed and scan my email for a REAL letter in my inbox.
It reminds me of the time when I was 8 and my cousin was my Pen Pal. We would write each other non-stop. It was always so exciting to see that one letter that stood out from the rest. Don't get me wrong, I communicate with people ALL day long. I chat/IM, FB and Buzz with tons of people... but there is something about an email or message from a close friend that makes you feel happy and complete for the day.

*You've Got Mail*

Gotta run! =-)



No comments: