Random geek girl thoughts

Monday, March 22, 2010

Calvin N Hobbes



Over 9 years ago I found out I was pregnant with Calvin on a warm, rainy August afternoon. Simon and Garfunkel, Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water was playing on the radio. I remember laughing through the whole birth, because the drugs made me feel funny... so I laughed and then would yell "Ow", laugh and yell "Ow". Needless to say, that went on until he came into the world. He was my first son, and he was/is so adorable. He is my little genius. He was creating works of art at age 1 and reading at a very young age. When most kids are playing video games, Calvin is usually off somewhere reading. And while I have never taught him what men "should do", he learned on his own. He won't go into the house unless I go in first and he hold the door for me. I have tried to refuse him sometimes when the weather is bad, and I tell him to go ahead inside first... but he will stand at the door waiting faithfully until I am inside. He has a heart of gold and is so kind. He always worries about my feelings. And I never go a day without a hug from him. He is my artist, my genius, my reader and my gentleman. I named him "Calvin" after Calvin and Hobbes. He even has a Hobbes tiger that he treats like a real person (see one of the pictures above). It is so cute. I'm so proud of my little man. I truly am blessed. HAPPY BIRTHDAY little man!

No comments: