Random geek girl thoughts

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mark McGwire admits to taking steroids during his home run record seasons in the 90's

Mark McGwire Steroid Parody - "Juice Me Up For the Ballgame" is a parody of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"




Mark McGwire has admitted using steroids. He released this statement:

“Now that I have become the hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals I have the chance to do something that I wish I was able to do five years ago. I never knew when, but I always knew this day would come. It’s time for me to talk about the past and to confirm what people have suspected. I used steroids during my playing career and I apologize.

“I wish I had never touched steroids. It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era.

“I’m sure people will wonder if I could have hit all those home runs had I never taken steroids. I had good years when I didn’t take any and I had bad years when I didn’t take any. I had good years when I took steroids and I had bad years when I took steroids. But no matter what, I shouldn’t have done it and for that I’m truly sorry.”

Hence, another reason why you don't use celebrities as role models *cough* Britney spears *cough* Hannah Montana *cough* Tiger Woods *HACK, cough*..... just sayin'


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!!!! No wonder so many pro athletes marry plastic fashion models but never have children--if their kids came out looking like average humans, the cat would be out of the bag, LOL!