Random geek girl thoughts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On My Wish List

Ahhhh, lunch break. I'm sitting at my desk, just finished a healthy salad that made me feel like a cow or a bunny, 'cuz I was munching on so many weird shaped leaves and carrots. I like eating healthier, and I am ready to take my food to the next level. Now just because I am a Geek Girl doesn't mean I can't "geek-out" over kitchen gadgets. Crazy thing is, I have given all mine away in the past, and have never looked back... until now. I made a New Years resolution a little yearly last year. On the 1st day of November 2009, I vowed that I would cook. Not cook more... just... cook. I am the queen of re-heating, microwaving/nuking, toasting and turning on the stove to boil water for WHATEVER was in a box or a can. I used my title of "Working Mother" as a crutch... an excuse, to not experiment in the kitchen. Because of this, my kids have grown up on Hot Dogs, Mac-N-Cheese, Frozen Nuggets, Fast Food and anything and everything that was frozen boxed or canned. Lets just say, they have not been the healthiest of kids thus far. So I decided to create. I have tried my hand at making up recipes, following recipe cards and try my hand at foreign dishes... as well as fine-tuning my sweet tooth by playing with sugar, eggs, and flower in some of the most delicious creations my tongue has tasted in a while (while still being healthy). It has been fun! Only problem is... I want/need two additions to my kitchen. A mixer and a bread maker. I don't know much about kitchen appliances, so I didn't know where to start. But, being the "Geek girl" I am, I went hunting. After reading consumer reports, forums, baking blogs and inputing my needs and wants from a machine in a pro's and con's list... I decided on two models.

For the mixer:

And the Bread Maker from Zen:


*singing* "These are a few of my favorite things!"

One of these days... you both will be MINE!!!!!!!

Ok, time to get back to work.




1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

I so love...d my Kitchen Aid. Just don't buy a refurbished one. It will be your trusty and true friend for 7 years and then just fizzlemoshizzle on you one day and you will cry and never ever make cookies again.