Random geek girl thoughts

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Secret That No One Told Me

I've been really sick the last 3 days... and am finally on the mend. I think I might have enough energy to tackle some much needed PRE-Spring Cleaning. I have been rearranging my upstairs bedroom and got rid of my full sized bed and replaced it with a KING bed! I have been in heaven. But I had to make some serious room for it. I had to get rid of my old desk, so I began to dismantle it. However, when I was unscrewing it I came across a stripped screw-head (is that what you men call it? I don't know 'tool lingo'). This is nothing new, I see these all the time in children's toys and when you have to take apart a piece of furniture because you've moved as often as I have in the past. Usually I would just force the screwdriver further down into the hollowed out screw-head in hopes of getting enough friction to get it to turn. This would usually end up with me yelling weird phrases and ultimately throwing a toy across the room. =-)
But someone recently revealed a little secret, "Use a rubber band". Seriously? Guess what...? It Works! So, I thought I would pass this little gem of knowledge your way.
(Also) if you ever have a light bulb break off in the socket and need to get the base out... cut a potato in half and twist it into the socket of the broken light bulb and it will catch it and you can un-twist it to pull it out. AMAZING! I love little tricks that make my life easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Where HAS this information been all my life???

Am now selling all that I own to go spread the word abroad . . . .

Patricia L Eaton said...

LOL.... I know! I had no idea. I love when I learn little tricks like this to make my life easier. Like that one time, when you told me how you and Liz use Dawn to get grease stains out of shirts... that has saved my but since. I never have needed that Amway stain remover since!