Random geek girl thoughts

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Facebook, Buzz, Twitter... "Oh My!"


I remember when MySpace was the hottest social network. Then suddenly Facebook emerged. And while people were slow to embrace it, over time it grew and grew and ended up surpassing MySpace. Friendfeed and Twitter were sprinkled into the mix along the way... and now we have Buzz. So many choices, one might feel like a kid in a candy store. But what should you choose? What works for you? Personally, my motto is: "In Google I Trust". I do everything via Google (Picasa, YouTube, Blogger, Gtalk, Google Calendar, Google Docs etc...) And I have now added to the mix Buzz. I love it! And while people are slow to follow suit, I am confident in Google's product development... that it will surpass all other social media outlets.

I just read a very insightful article by Brian Carter that will shed a little light on all of the big players in Social Media. If you are questioning your current social outlet... read the following. You might just want to get BUZZED =-)
I know I am!

Thanks again Brian for the awesome article:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still like FB better, though, because it will let me look at *just* pictures or *just* videos, which is what I like. Also it is not connected to my e-mail. If I ever deleted my gmail account (which I do every so often after too many spammers find me) I'd have lost all of my buzz friends, whereas FB lets me change e-mail accounts as often as I want, and my Facebook account stays intact.