Random geek girl thoughts

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Things That Inspire Me

I was asked the other day, "How are you able to be so happy when you have been through so much in your life?" The answer came easy... "Because I have so much to be thankful for."
I say that because I truly believe it. Sure, we all have had our "down" days. There are times when after I put the kids to bed I have cried myself to sleep. But overall, I AM a happy person. Do you know why? Because there are others who have it worse than me, and yet they keep smiling and they keep moving forward... never giving up. To me, inspiration comes from an underdog who refuses to give up! For this I am grateful. Thank you... to everyone who has ever suffered in this life and have pressed forward no matter what. YOU are my example. YOU make make me stronger! Thank You for inspiring me!

The Father Son Duo



"Dad,'' he typed, when we were running, It felt like I wasn't disabled anymore!''

And that sentence changed Dick's life. He became obsessed with giving Rick that feeling as often as he could. He got into such hard-belly Shape that he and Rick were ready to try the 1979 Boston Marathon.

"No way,'' Dick was told by a race official. The Hoyts weren't quite a Single runner, and they weren't quite a wheelchair competitor. For a few Years Dick and Rick just joined the massive field and ran anyway, then They found a way to get into the race Officially: In 1983 they ran another marathon so fast they made the Qualifying time for Boston the following year." Read More HERE

Another Father Son Duo



Patrick Hughes is a young man at Univ. of Louisville who was born blind and crippled and yet now plays the piano beautifully as well as "marches" in the Louisville marching band.


Don't Laugh At Him, Sing With Him


It was Disability Awareness day and the folks at Fenway did a lot of great things for kids with challenges..here is one who sang and when he got nervous the Fenway Faithful helped him out


No Arms To Hug, But A Heart To Love


A mother's love, knows no boundaries. An amazing story of a wife and mother who didn't let anything stop her from having the life she so desperately wanted.


Jason's Shot


Autistic basketball player Jason McElwain has the game of his life. This one always makes me cry.

Move forward... and smile. The only time life is hard... is when you give up trying.

No comments: