Random geek girl thoughts

Friday, July 02, 2010

Why it made me cry...

I was asked recently to put together a patriotic playlist for the parade this weekend. A lot of songs were requested. But out of all of the songs I found, only ONE reduced me to tears. It is amazing how places, songs and smells can stir up old memories so close to our hearts, so much so, that we have a physical reaction. Only those who TRULY know me, will know why this is the song that is beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Happy 4th of July. May we remember freedom, may we remember who fought, may we remember the past, and .... may my whole family remember the cops who showed up on our doorstep every 4th of July to find a grown man with a mischievous grin on his face... asking the officers to kindly forgive him for his pyromaniac show in our backyard. The pinwheels, the illegals, the fuse racing, the roman candle battles... and the explosions. Live on in our hearts... may we always remember his laughter on his favorite holiday. Here is the song:



1 comment:

Butterfly Frogs said...

BMEO!!! (BAWLING MY EYES OUT)