Random geek girl thoughts

Thursday, May 06, 2010

And so it goes... These are the days of my life

Loss... Such an empty word. Does it sound empty to you because of the hissing S's on the end... Or because you too have experienced the full meaning of this word? I choose the latter. I have lost a lot of things in my life. I lost a beautiful necklace that I inherited from my grandmother when someone stole it at a church event in NY (even though my mother had warned me not to take it). I lost my father to cancer at age 18 and have never thought I could feel such pain again... Until I lost my husband and my children lost their father. Over the years that followed, I lost mundane things... my keys, my purse, even my sanity. But my most recent loss haunts me. It is a forbiden fruit that torments me with it's sweetness... Only to sour in my stomach moments later. Am I allergic to it? Has it not ripened? Why would it taste so good when it brings so much pain to eat it? These things I ponder in a small town in Idaho tonight... and so it goes.... and so it goes

No comments: